The Swalcliffe Society
CONTACT: email@example.com O1295 788278
Committee members: Jeff Demmar, Cathy Stoertz & Colin Hill.
The Society’s aims include increasing the awareness of the village’s history, by preserving and cataloging the past and recording the present for future generations.
Currently only a small group of committee members, we are always looking to expand and invite anyone who is interested in helping us research and preserve our archives to get in touch.
Village and local volunteers welcome visitors to the barn, on behalf of Oxfordshire County Council Museums Service, which is open to the public on Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays : Easter until the End of October, from 2 – 5pm.
Constructed in 1401 for New College, Oxford, it is a Grade 1 listed building and a Scheduled Ancient Monument.
Acquired by the Oxfordshire Buildings Trust in 1990 it is leased to Oxfordshire County Council and used by the Museums Service to exhibit agricultural and trade vehicles from the county. It also houses an exhibition of Swalcliffe’s history.
Other Groups include: